Americas first cocktail invented in the biggest party city, New Orleans. Keep the party rolling and drink a Sazerac. Tip:Rubbing the rim of the glass with a lemon is a great touch.
- 1 cube of sugar
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 ounces Grand Traverse Distillery Straight Rye Whiskey
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- Lemon twist for a garnish
- Muddle sugar with bitters and a splash of water in a cocktail shaker until the sugar dissolves. Add the whiskey, ice and strip of lemon peel. Stir until very cold.
- Rinse a short, chilled cocktail glass with a splash of absinthe. Strain the drink into the glass and garnish with the lemon twist.